There is a meeting of the Parish Council on Wednesday 31st August at the Village Hall. Members of the public are invited to attend and there will be time at the start of the meeting for questions and to bring matters to the attention of the council.
You can see a copy of the agenda here: Parish Council Papers
It’s just six weeks to the final of the Adderley Village Photo Competition.
Last year the Photography competition attracted over 25 amazing entries and we were able to make a village calendar for 2016. This year we are hoping to increase the number of entries. So it’s time to get out your mobile phones, your bridge cameras and that DSLR you had for your birthday and get snapping.
- Closing date for entries is 15th October 2016.
- The subject is “Village Life”
- Entries must be 8 x 10 prints, colour or black and white, not including the mount
- There is a 50p entry fee for each print
- The winning entry will have pride of place on the front of the 2017 village calendar and 12 others will be included for each of the months of the year.
- Be mindful of young people when taking your pictures.
I wish to update you about essential carriageway resurfacing work that is currently taking place on the A529 north of Adderley, curtailing at the Shropshire County boundary.
Works are currently approximately 1 week behind programme and it is predicted the works will over-run into mid-September during School Term Time.
On Tuesday 5th September 2016, the new school year begins and in order to accommodate the needs of parents making a school run the road closure times will be reduced to the hours 9am to 2:45pm from this date. (Currently, road closure hours are restricted to the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday during the school holiday period).
The following philosophy will remain while undertaking the works:
· School runs aren’t affected.
· Commuters travelling before 9am and after 5pm Monday to Friday will not be adversely affected.
· The road will be open at the weekend, evenings and early morning.
We appreciate that this work will continue to cause some disruption to local residents and businesses and hope you will bear with us while this important work is carried out.
A signed diversion route will be in place while the road is closed. Information about the work, including diversion routes, can be found on a dedicated webpage atwww.shropshire.gov.uk/roadworks. Updates will be added to this page throughout the work to keep people informed of progress.
All in aid of Macmillan we gather together to sing on a Wednesday night. Our aim is to have a performance ready in time for Saturday 1st October. Our Choir Mistress, Kate, helps us sing our best (which isn’t very good) but we all enjoy.
£3:00 per session with any surplus funds going to Macmillan as will money raised at the performance.